Monday, March 2, 2009

A Birthday to Remember...

Before I really knew what I was getting into


This year for my birthday Bryant decided he was going to make it special. Since we first got married we have wanted to go snowboarding as a couple. It took us 5 years but we finally did it and probably wont ever do it again.The morning started out very hopeful, I was excited and ready to hit the slopes. Now I had only been snowboarding one other time for a youth activity and couldn't get out of bed the next day. But I was now older and wiser and thought I had a better idea of what I was doing... Boy was I wrong. We hit the bunny slope and well that was just awful! I couldn't even make it down that without falling and severely hurting myself.

Then Bryant decided to met me a lesson. Lets just say the retarded instructor but me on a ski lift and expected me to go down a huge hill! Now keep in mind I had become one with the bunny slope over and over again. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe just maybe I could do this. Wrong again! I tried but there was no way I was making it down in one piece. So I decided to walk down the hill. It was kinda humiliating but I would have hurt a lot worse had I tried to go down any further.
I will never forget this birthday and trust me I now know that I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to snowboarding.
My view most of the time






Bryant showing me that he can make it down the whole way... Without falling!




Yummy!



Wyatt's first experience with real food. (roll)
After about a half hour of trying to dodge his hands while we were eating we decided to give him something to munch in. Our dinner went a lot smoother after that.









1 comment:

Nicole said...

I have no desire to go snowboarding because I have fears of this exact thing happening...I just have hope of being able to make it down without something broken. Bryant looks like he is pretty good, though.