Saturday, March 28, 2009

In small things...


For me it's not always easy to find the good in things. I get overwhelmed and just feel like it's the end of the world, when really it's NOT. I enjoy being home with the kids and wouldn't have it any other way. Well, except for the home part. I am so sick of being inside with this cold weather it's depressing. We try to enjoy those semi warm days but there just isn't enough of them.


Recently Bryant and I have been working on setting up an area for Ivy for when she foals. It is so exciting reading, learning, and preparing for delivery in May. I am in my element all the way!


Bryant has also been working with her on walking through water. It's a good thing our property is flooded cuz we can do it right here. The other day we were going through water up to the horse's belly. I feel like we should be in the movie Man from Snowy River! Bryant really puts alot of time working with the horses and the training and he is constantly surprising me. I knew my husband was hot but a hot Cowboy... I got that too! Just today he bought a rope and a book on Roping. Next he will be taking lessons. I get so excited watching him!


So anyways it's the little things... Watching Bryant ENJOY working with the horses, seeing Joey and Aubrey ride the four wheeler with the goats and sheep chasing them, being able to give Wyatt something no one else can. Listening to how excited Aubrey gets when hearing she should ride her horse to Grandma's house. I love my kids and my family. It's hard but it's so worth it.


It's the little things that my kids do that truly make me happy.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

The warm weather will come, don't worry. It's nice that you guys have all the animals around that bring a lot of fun and happiness to your family. It seems like a great thing you've developed as a hobby together.

jhl said...

Beautiful entry! Thanks for sharing your positive outlook.