Thursday, January 14, 2010

What are the odds?

So last January I was in search of a saddle for Bryant and instead of finding a saddle I found an amazing friend. But wait it gets better this friend also has a large family that Bryant and I have become very good friends with and our kids are best friends as well. Dianne and I have spent a lot of time together at horse auctions and family activities, but this was amazing.

In October we went on a Woman's Trail ride for a whole week end. Because of the weather only 3 of us brought our horses, and boy were the other ladies sorry. Although the trails were slightly slippery it just added to the fun. I took Bryant's newly broke out horse Duke, we were a great team.

Most of these pictures were taken while riding. It was extreme, there were times when I wasn't sure if we could make it up the steep hills or down the slippery slopes. Especially when you are to take it slow and your horse wants to run down the wet hill. :} But we made it, me on Duke (QH), Dianne on Libby (fresian cross), and Shelly on Levi (arab cross). This was my first "official" trail ride and although it would have been nice to have done it with Bryant, I am so glad I shared it wish such a great friend. I learned a lot and it was nice to get away






















































1 comment:

angie said...

Wow, that is sooooo cool! The scenery is amazing! I bet that was so fun. I feel lucky to get away for 3 hours to scrapbook! The horses are beautiful!